南京夜网,南京桑拿,南京夜网论坛 Poword by Ircomp!

Archive for August, 2018

Big splash honours mate

Thursday, 16 August, 2018

Team spirit: Members of Team Coshi at last year’s DA Global CF Swim Macarthur where they received a trophy for the most money raised. Picture: Jonathan NgPARTICIPANTS of the DA Global CF Swim Macarthur know the bigger the splash they make in the pool the more money they are raising for cystic fibrosis research.
Nanjing Night Net

So the 20 members of Team Coshi will make their dip in the pool the biggest yet.

This will be the team’s fifth swimathon, and the second without their mate and cystic fibrosis sufferer Michael “Coshi” Cotton who died in 2013.

“Last year was our first year without him,” said Josh Porteous, a member of Team Coshi that was named in Michael’s honour.

“It’s good to do something for such a good cause that benefits people in need and it’s a cause close to our hearts because of Michael.”

The team raised $20,000 last year and will again host local fund-raisers in the lead-up to February’s swim to beat last year’s effort.

“Giving back to the community always makes you feel good and it’s one of those events that has an incredible feel about it; people love to get involved,” Mr Porteous said.

“We’ve seen first hand what CF can do so it’s good to raise money to help other local sufferers.”

The 2015 Swimathon is on Saturday, February 21 at the Wollondilly Leisure Centre. To register, visit the DA Global CF Swim Macarthur website (www.cfmacarthur南京夜网) and click on the “join the swim” link where you can join a team, create a new team, sign up as an individual or make a donation.

A local men’s society celebrates 100 years

Thursday, 16 August, 2018

CENTURY: The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes Royal Flinders Lodge will celebrate 100 year this weekend. Pictured here are current members Barry Press and Stuart Giles with a photo of the lodge’s original members. A local men’s society will this weekend celebrate its 100th birthday.
Nanjing Night Net

The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes Royal Flinders Lodge was first formed on December 10, 1914 and will celebrate its century this Saturday.

The society may have a complicated name, however, the activities of the group are far simpler.

The lodge is a not-for-profit benevolent society with members meeting once a fortnight to have a chat and raise some money at the same time.

There are different chapters of the society all around the world.

Current member Stuart Giles said the group about conviviality.

“It’s about good fellowship,” he said.

“You can come here with as much or as little money as you like, have a couple of quiet beers, enjoy yourself and stay out of trouble.”

The Flinders Lodge has donated money to many local charities over the years with the most recent being to the Port Augusta Special School.

Current member Barry Press said it was fantastic to reach the milestone.

“It’s great for the lodge to reach 100 ,” he said.

“Our numbers may have shrunk over the years but we are still here.

“In our time we’ve helped out all sorts of causes like cancer research, bushfire appeals and the special needs school.”

The group has members from all walks of life from labourers, to businessmen to members of essential services.

The current age range is from 20 to 82-years-old.

To join the society you must first be nominated by a current member and then pass selection criteria.

Once you are in, you work your way through a ranking system which consists of first, second, third and fourth degrees.

Over the years there has been a strong family tradition of membership, with many descendants in the lodge currently members.

The group will celebrate its century with a harmony day this Saturday starting from 1pm.

Mr Press encourages as many old members to attend as possible.

“There are plenty of local members who don’t come anymore because of various reasons, but we would definitely like to see them come along.”

Any members who wish to attend are asked to contact Stuart Giles on 0439080126.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Canberra payphones converted to Wi-Fi hotspots in Telstra trial

Thursday, 16 August, 2018

Despite averaging just five phone calls a day, there are no plans to tear public payphones out of the ground anytime soon.
Nanjing Night Net

Instead Telstra, which is required by government to keep payphones operational, is adding value to the services.

The telco has flicked the switch on two public payphones in Civic which are now Wi-Fi hotspots with a 50 metre range.

The free trial overlaps with the existing free ACT government Wi-Fi network, which is already active in the Canberra CBD.

The move is part of a five-year $100 million strategy to create more than 1000 hotspots across the country before Christmas.

Over the next few weeks, Telstra will activate nine hotspots across Canberra and Queanbeyan.

This trial will remain free until the official launch of a national network in early 2015.

Telstra CountryWide area general manager Larissa Redford said the Canberra trial was the start of an ambitious nationwide plan.

“We are turning on two hotspots in the Canberra CBD and people will be able to access them,” she said. “They are just the start of the locations.”

Other hotspots in Canberra will include Dickson, Phillip, Kingston, Griffith and two Queanbeyan locations.

The move to add an internet hotspot to payphones comes after decades of decline for the service as people took up mobile phone technology. There are 141 Telstra operated payphones in Canberra and 14 in Queanbeyan.

A Telstra spokesman said there was no demand to remove payphones from Canberra, which indicated strong community support to retain the facilities.

“Telstra continues to supply and maintain public payphones as part of its obligations to the government,” he said.

Meanwhile the $3.1 million ACT government network – provided by iiNet – will enable Canberrans to download 100 megabytes of data a day via 745 access points across Canberra.

The first points of the network were turned on at Garema Place last month.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Medibank Private lists at $2.22, 11% higher than IPO price

Thursday, 16 August, 2018

Medibank Medibank Private chief George Savvides and Finance Minister Mathias Cormann ring the bell to send the stock live. Photo: ASX
Nanjing Night Net

Medibank

Medibank Private chief George Savvides and Finance Minister Mathias Cormann ring the bell to send the stock live. Photo: ASX

Medibank

Medibank Private chief George Savvides and Finance Minister Mathias Cormann ring the bell to send the stock live. Photo: ASX

Medibank chief George Savvides and Finance Minister Mathias Cormann ring the bell to send Medibank Private live. Photo: ASX

Markets Live: Instant profit for investorsBrian Robins: Play it safe on day oneMedibank a $5.9b bonanza for government

Medibank Private has debuted 11 per cent higher than its initial public offering price.

The IPO priced shares at $2 for retail shareholders and $2.15 for institutional shareholders, but demand for the stock saw it open at $2.22.

ASX Listings business development manager Rory Cunningham said at present the highest buyer for Medibank is at $3.75, while the lowest is at $1.75.

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann said there were more than $5 billion in retail bids for the private health insurance IPO.

“We about to transfer ownership of Medibank Private to about 400,000 individual shareholders,” Mr Cormann said prior to ringing the bell for trade to go live.

“This process has been so successful because of the professionalism of everyone associated with the sale.”

The offer raised $5.679 billion for the government and is the second largest IPO on record in Australia. Telstra is the biggest at $US10 billion when it listed in November 1997.

CLSA analyst Jan van der Schalk said the Medibank Private listing was an expensive call on structural, government-led, change.

“Medibank’s CEO & management have been in place for 12 years. We are told this is a cost-out story: maybe, but we wonder why this mob should suddenly be good at running an efficient shop?” Mr van der Schalk said.

“In an effort to cut costs, what are the potential downstream impacts of their actions? If lowering expenses is so easy, why hasn’t it been done before? We see only issues with this strategy.”

More to come

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Federal government clamps down on high-rise near airports

Thursday, 16 August, 2018

The federal government is keeping a close eye on high-rise and other developments near Australia’s major airports and will not allow any buildings to be constructed if they interfere with current or future flight paths, Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development secretary Mike Mrdak says.
Nanjing Night Net

Under the Airports Act, the government and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority can object to developments in protected airspace near the large federally regulated airports.

“If we don’t protect that airspace now, we will in the long-term rue our failure to do so,” Mr Mrdak told the Australian Airports Association national conference on the Gold Coast on Tuesday.

“I think it is one of the most important tasks government and industry must work together on. More and more, the potential for high-rise residential development is threatening to encroach on flight paths and protected airspace around our airports.”

But such regulations do not apply to smaller airports outside capital cities that are not federally regulated.

Mr Mrdak said he would encourage states to look at a statutory regime like the Airports Act that would allow airport operators to have a say in how much airspace would be required for future growth.

“It is important that planning by state and local governments take into account airports,” he said. “Developments near airports and under flight paths can constrain operations. I recognise this is a challenge for state and local planners trying to maximise land use in their jurisdictions. But as we know, if we aren’t protecting our long-term assets we aren’t going to be meeting our growth challenge.”

Mr Mrdak said he was optimistic about the potential for growth in the Australian aviation industry, even though Australians took an average of four flights a year, which is 30 per cent higher than Europeans and North Americans.

“This love of aviation services will continue,” he said. “We have to plan and invest for this growth.”

Mr Mrdak said consultations with Sydney Airport about its first right of refusal over the development of a new airport in Sydney’s west at Badgerys Creek were proceeding “very well” and would continue in the new year.

He said the plan was for an initial one-runway development with a terminal capable of handling up to 3 million passengers a year – on a par with Canberra Airport – which would not have a curfew and would open in the mid 2020s.

“[The airport] will provide an avenue for economic growth for western Sydney, which is already the third-largest economy in Australia,” he said.

*The reporter travelled to the Gold Coast as a guest of the Australian Airports Association.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.